Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break in Scotland

Some people go to the beach, some people go home, but for me the UK was the perfect place to spend Spring Break. I stayed with a Clarkie in London and then went to visit an old childhood friend, Kelsey, who moved to Edinburgh back when we were in high school.

This is me and Kelsey. I hadn't seen her for five years when I went to visit her. An Alaskan man (who was very impressed that I'd been to his home state!) took this for us at Edinburgh Castle.

Inside Edinburgh Castle.

I stayed at Kelsey's university for a few days. She goes to St. Andrews, and this is the view from the train station platform when we arrived. She said that when she first took the train to school, she thought she'd gotten off at the wrong stop because it looked like the middle of nowhere.

These are the ruins of the St. Andrews Cathedral, down the street from Kelsey's apartment.

Kelsey was really excited that there were blue skies. I definitely was, too!

This is what we arrived at when we left the ruins. This road next to the ocean is Kelsey's jogging route. Makes one a little jealous.

...I guess Scotland is kind of pretty.

And this is the beach right next to St. Andrews' Old Course. See the swans in the bottom left of the picture? So cool.

Me waiting for my train on my way back to London.

1 comment:

pitchertaker said...

YEA! A blog post....after sooooo long. I have got to get myself to Scotland....being part Scottish. I have a good friend who received his PhD from St. Andrews. He is a Hershal and Fox Talbot scholar.